Unless you are a new hire, a new retiree, or experiencing a status change, the annual open enrollment period—typically the month of November—is the only time when you can enroll in or make changes to the following benefits:
- Medical and prescription coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)*
- Life insurance
* Must re-enroll every year to maintain this benefit.
Enrollment Outside of Open Enrollment
If you experience a qualifying status change, you must submit the Health Coverage Enrollment/Status Change Form, along with any required supporting documentation, within 31 days of the occurrence of a qualifying status change in order to make coverage changes outside of open enrollment. See Status Change for more information, including a list of supporting documentation.
Benefits that you can enroll in or make changes to at anytime during the year
- Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions (if you are enrolled in the Choice Plus Plan with HSA)
- Deferred compensation
- Short-term disability insurance
- CollegeBound Saver
If you are about to retire from State service, please visit Retiree Benefits to learn more about how your benefits may be affected.