Welcome to the State of Rhode Island!
Be sure to enroll in or waive your State benefits within 31 days of your hiring date
- If you do not make elections within your 31-day period, you will NOT have any State health coverage, and you will NOT receive any medical waiver payment. You also will not be able to elect benefits coverage until the next Open Enrollment period unless you experience a qualifying status change.
- If you are adding any dependents, you must submit supporting documentation during your enrollment process.
- The coverage you elect will be effective as of your hiring date.
See below for more information about your State benefits as well as enrollment tips.
Visit the Enrollment page to sign up for your benefits today
Your State Benefits
To learn more about your benefits, visit the links below:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Group life insurance
- Legal services
- Deferred compensation*
- Short-term disability insurance*
- CollegeBound Saver*
- RIPTA transit passes*
*In addition to the initial 31-day enrollment period, you may enroll or make changes to this benefit at any time during the year.
Tips for Enrolling in Your Benefits
- Read the State of Rhode Island Benefits Guide and take advantage of resources such as ALEX, an interactive online benefits counselor, and benefit videos on the Decision Support page to choose the best coverage for you and your family.
- Instructions and confirmation emails regarding health benefits enrollment will be sent from to the email you provided during onboarding, which is often your personal, not your work email. Be sure to check your spam folder if you don't see any benefits-related communications in your inbox. Keep an eye out for the following emails:
- Instructions for accessing OnlinEnroll
- Notification of password update
- Election confirmation notification (this only acknowledges receipt of your benefits election. It does NOT mean that your election has been approved!)
- Rejection notifice (if you failed to upload supporting documentation for dependents)
- Approval notice (THIS is the confirmation that your election has been approved)
- See the PCP Coordination of Care flyer to learn more about how the PCP requirement works as part of your State medical coverage.
|Dependent Relation||Supporting Documentation||Notes / Exceptions|
|Spouse||A copy of the marriage certificate||
|Domestic partner||A notarized Domestic Partnership Affidavit, AND
Proof that you and your domestic partner have resided together for at least one year, AND
At least TWO of the following four items (items in #3 counts as one):