When you don’t feel well, or your child is sick, the last thing you want to do is leave the comfort of home to sit in a waiting room. Now, you don’t have to.
Doctors Online* lets you see and talk to a board-certified doctor from your mobile device or computer without an appointment. Connect from work, home, or almost anywhere, 24/7. Most visits take about 10-15 minutes, and no referral is necessary.
Consider using Doctors Online when:
- Your doctor is not available
- You become ill while traveling
- You are seeking diagnoses and treatment for common, non-emergency medical conditions such as allergies and migraines
- You want to talk to a behavioral health specialist** (PLEASE NOTE: If you are seeking immediate mental health assistance related to COVID-19, please contact the State's Employee Assistance Program instead.)
To access Doctors Online:
- Download the BCBSRI Drs. Online app from the Apple® or Google Play® store, or visit drs-online.com.
- As part of Rewards for Wellness 2020-2021, you can earn a $50 co-share credit if you register with Doctors Online by December 31, 2020.***
- If you are enrolled in the Anchor or Anchor Plus medical plan, there is a $15 co-pay when you talk to a board-certified doctor via Doctors Online. If you are enrolled in Anchor Choice with HSA, you will pay the full cost of a doctor's visit based on the negotiated rate with BCBSRI if you have not reached your deductible; after reaching your deductible you will pay a 10% coinsurance.
- PLEASE NOTE: BCBSRI is waiving member cost sharing (copay, deductible, and/or coinsurance) for Doctors Online during the COVID-19 public crisis. Please see the News & Announcements page for the latest updates regarding COVID-19.)
* In the case of an emergency, you should always call 911. Doctors Online is not intended to replace these services and should not be used in those circumstances. Doctors Online is a telemedicine service provided by American Well®, an independent company that administers Doctors Online on behalf of BCBSRI.
** Available by appointment.
*** Only active State of Rhode Island employees who are paying State medical co-share premium payments at the time of the incentive payout(s) are eligible to receive co-share credit incentives.