State employees that have elected group term life insurance are covered in accordance with the below Life Insurance Schedules while they are employed by the State of Rhode Island. Accidental death and dismemberment coverage is included with basic life insurance coverage.
The first $50,000 in policy value is deducted on a pre-tax basis (“GROUP LIFE PRETAX” on employee paystubs) and any remaining premium deduction is done on a post-tax basis (“GROUP LIFE” on employee paystubs). The premium amounts are determined in accordance with the rates posted on the “Premium Rates” tab of this page. Pursuant to the below Age Reduction Rule, beginning at age 65 an employee’s life insurance coverage decreases in value as the employee ages. Premiums are based on current policy value, including any decrease based on the Age Reduction Rule.
The Hartford Policy Details
- State of Rhode Island Policy Number: GL-804857
- The Hartford Active Employee Life Insurance Booklet
Claims Processing and Customer Service
Please contact The Hartford for claims processing and additional assistance:
- Visit www.thehartford.com
- To initiate a claim, call 1-888-755-1503
- For customer service or after a claim has already been filed, call 1-888-563-1124
- For beneficiary management assistance, call 1-855-396-7655