Key Plan Features for 2020
Anchor Dental, Anchor Dental Plus and Anchor Dental Platinum all cover basic, restorative and major restorative services as well as orthodontia. All use the same Delta Dental network. Anchor Dental is a base plan, but Anchor Dental Plus and Anchor Dental Platinum are “buy-up” options that offer even greater coverage.
Under all three Anchor dental plans:
- Dependents up to age 26 are eligible to enroll. No student certification required.
- Sealants for children up to age 14 are covered 100%.
- Periodontal services are part of the annual plan maximums.
New! The Delta Dental mobile app is now available for you to manage your Anchor dental plan on the go.
How Do the "Buy-Up" Options Work?
You can elect to pay a higher premium (co-share) to receive more dental coverage under one of the "buy-up" options, Anchor Dental Plus or Anchor Dental Premium. Keep in mind, however, that the State’s contribution towards the cost of your coverage is the same regardless of whether you elect the base or one of the buy-up options.
Both buy-up options have more covered services and may be worth considering if you or your dependent need additional dental services. For example, the Anchor Dental Platinum Plan provides orthodontia coverage for children and adults, and it also has coverage for implants.
Click on the chart below to see how Anchor Dental, Anchor Dental Plus and Anchor Dental Platinum compare across specific coverages.
|Document||What It Is|
|Delta Dental Booklet||Tips on how to utilize your Delta Dental Plan||How Your Delta Dental PPO Plan Works|
|Delta Dental FAQ||FAQs about your Delta Dental plan, including examples of orthodontic payment calculation and how does the annual maximum work||Delta Dental FAQ|
|Coordination of Benefits||A brief overview of how plan coverage works when someone has dual coverage.||Delta Dental Coordination of Benefits|
Need Help Choosing Your Plan?
Visit the Decision Support page for tools such as ALEX®, the State Employee Benefits Guide and benefits videos & presentations that can help you better understand your plan options and make the best choice for you and your family.
NEW! Delta Dental Mobile App
Download the Delta Dental mobile app for easy access to your benefits, coverage, claims, mobile ID card and more in the palm of your hand. You can also use the Find a Dentist tool to find a dentist near you.
- The mobile app is available for both IOS (Apple) and Android devices. To download the app on your device, visit the App Store (Apple) or Google Play (Android) and search for Delta Dental.
- If you’re a Delta Dental subscriber, log in using the username and password you would normally use to log in to the Delta Dental website. If you don’t have an online account yet, you can register at www.deltadentalri.com.
The State offers Chewsi™ dental to its employees for savings on dental care that may not be covered by traditional dental insurance. Chewsi is a free dental app that helps employees and their families save money on out-of-pocket dental care. The app works for all procedures. There are no limits, maximums, exclusions or claim forms to complete.
Use Chewsi when:
- You or a family member need or want a dental service that isn’t covered by your dental plan, such as sealants for children, bridges, dentures and implants, teeth whitening, adult orthodontic care, night guards and more
- You or a family member has exceeded the plan year maximum, but need additional care
- You or a family member (such as dependents over age 19 who are not full-time students, or part-time employees) do not have access to insurance
There is no cost or payroll deduction to use the app. Download Chewsi in the App Store or Google Play. Visit www.chewsidental.com to learn more.