Any State employee that satisfies all of the following criteria is eligible to enroll:
- Holds a non-seasonal position
- Scheduled to work at least 20 hours per week
- Not on leave without pay (LWOP)
The following dependents are also eligible for enrollment:
- Domestic partner
- Note: The fair market value of the state’s contribution towards the cost of health coverage for a domestic partner is considered imputed income to the employee, and must be reported as taxable income on the employee’s bi-weekly paycheck unless the domestic partner qualifies as a dependent of the employee under the IRS rules and regulations for health plans.
- Children* (Up to the end of the month in which they reach age 26. At that time, COBRA continuation coverage will be offered.)
* Children of domestic partners are not eligible unless they are also the natural/adopted child of the employee, or the employee has legal guardianship.