If you are enrolling in benefits before October 28, 2019, please follow the instructions below. If you are enrolling in benefits on or after October 28, 2019, please check back here on October 28 for updated instructions.
Click on the links below for instructions on how to enroll in your State benefits:
- Health benefits (medical/prescription, dental and vision coverage)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Supplemental benefits (group life insurance, legal services, deferred compensation, short-term disability insurance, CollegeBound Saver, and RIPTA transit passes)
Health Benefits Enrollment
- Research your health benefit options
- Read the 2019 Benefits Guide; review the Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision pages; talk to ALEX; and watch informational videos.
- Follow these Step-by-Step Instructions to find your 14-digit PCP ID number(s). Write down the number(s) so that you will be ready to enter them when you log in to OnlinEnroll. (Note: The 14-digit PCP ID number is not the same as the 10-digit NPI nnumber that physician offices often provide.)
- Log onto uhc.workterra.net
- User Name: First initial of your first name, your full last name (no hyphens, apostrophes, spaces or titles), last four digits of your SSN
- Example: if your name is John O’Brien-Johnson, Jr. and the last four digits of your SSN are 1234, your user name would be “jobrienjohnson1234”
- Password: First five digits of your SSN.
- You will change this upon first login. Be sure to write down your new password!
- Company: Rhode Island (not case sensitive; space between "Rhode" and "Island" is required)
- Can't log into OnlinEnroll / need help resetting your password? Call the OnlinEnroll tech support line at (888) 327-2770 from 11am-8pm EST.
- If you are adding a new dependent, be sure to review the ENROLLING DEPENDENT(S) section in Step 4 below for what you need to do to enroll them in coverage.
- New employees: If you had entered the correct credentials but still could not log onto OnlinEnroll:
- Please contact your HR office to check whether your demographics information has been sent to OEB
- Contact OEB for further assistance
- If you are having difficulty using OnlinEnroll, review the OnlinEnroll Employee Self-Service Guide.
- If you cannot log into OnlinEnroll / need to reset your password, please call the OnlinEnroll tech support line at (888) 327-2770 from 11am-8pm EST.
- New hires: After you select your medical, dental and vision coverages in OnlinEnroll, you will have an opportunity to fill out and upload an FSA Enrollment Form while you are in the system.
- Active employees – open enrollment: Log onto www.naviabenefits.com to enroll.
- Active employees – status change: Complete the FSA Enrollment Form and submit it via email () or fax (401-574-9281).
- Registering your account
- Once you are enrolled in an FSA, you will receive an FSA card in the mail. At that time, you should register your account online at www.naviabenefits.com. You will need the following information:
- Company code: RHI
- First initial and last name
- Date of birth
- Email address
- 2019 contribution limits:
- General purpose health care FSA: $2,700
- Limited purpose health care FSA: $2,700
- Dependent day care FSA: $5,000 (individuals and married couples filing jointly); $2,500 (married couples filing separately)
HSA Payroll Deduction
Only applicable if you are enrolled in the Anchor Choice Plan with HSA
- If you enroll in the Anchor Choice Plan with HSA, a health savings account (HSA) will be automatically opened for you.
- The State contributes up to $1,500/$3,000 for individual/family coverage each plan year*
- To make additional voluntary contributions via payroll deductions**:
- New hires: Obtain and submit the HSA Employee Payroll Deduction Authorization Form using OnlinEnroll
- Active employees: Complete the HSA Employee Payroll Deduction Authorization Form and submit it via email ( ) or fax (401-574-9281).
- 2019 contribution limits (including any contributions from the State):
- Individual coverage: $3,500
- Family coverage: $7,000
- Additional catch-up contribution for age 55 and over: $1,000
* Contributions are made biannually with half deposited on January 1 and the other half deposited on July 1. The State’s HSA contributions are not pro-rated for employees that enroll after those dates.
** You may make changes to your HSA contribution at any time during the year.
Supplemental Benefits Enrollment
If You Need Assistance
- For general enrollment-related questions, contact the Office of Employee Benefits at or call (401) 574-8530.
- If you have questions about plan coverage specifically, contact the plan administrators:
|Optum Bank||www.optumbank.com||866-234-8913||Health Savings Account (HSA)|
|Navia||www.naviabenefits.com||800-669-3539||Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)|
|Aflac||www.aflac.com||401-475-9936, ext. 130||Short-term disability insurance (unionized & non-unionized employees)|
|Colonial Life||www.visityouville.com||866-349-8011||Short-term disability insurance (unionized employees)|
|Hyatt Legal||info.legalplans.com (access code: 7580001 for the Single Plan, 7590001 for the Family Plan)||800-821-6400||Legal coverage|